- 1Product Info
Product InfoA limited partnership is a form of partnership registered with Ontario Registries and formed by a general partner and a limited partner. General partner(s) manages the business operations while the limited partner(s) are don't have active role in running the business. Other names:
Who can Register:
- Anyone can register a Limited Partnership which involves 2 or more partners. There must be a minimum of 1 general partner and 1 limited partner.
- Currently there is no citizenship or residency requirement for people who can register it.
What is required to register an Ontario Limited Partnership:
- An Ontario NUANS report for the limited Partnership.
- A partnership agreement signed by partners. (Don’t have one? You can include in the package)
- A physical address or street address in the Province of Ontario where the business is to be carried on.
- Name and address of the Partners: This can be individuals or corporations, Ontario province address or another Canadian street address.
What you get
After registering the Limited Partnership, you will receive the following as pdf documents by email:
|Statement of registration
|Business seal (if included)
|CRA Accounts: GST/HST, Payroll, Import-export (if included)
|The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) registration (if included)
we have 3 processing queues:
- Regular Queue: Limited Partnership can be ready in 10 business days.
- Express Queue: Limited Partnership can be ready 5 business days.
- Super-Express Queue: Limited Partnership can be ready 2 Business Days.
Is Limited Partnership registration right for you?
- It depends on the purpose of the registration and needs of the individuals involved.
- It is the best option for a business with individuals where one partner, usually, resides out of the country and is an investor and the other partner runs the business.
What are the advantages of registering an Ontario Limited Partnership?
- Simple and easy to share profits between partners particularly if one of the partner is a foreigner..
- Easy to setup and start, least expensive to operate.
- Easy tax filing process.