A limited partnership is a form of partnership registered with Ontario Registries and formed by a general partner and a limited partner.
General partner(s) manages the business operations while the limited partner(s) are don’t have active role in running the business.
Who can register:
- Anyone can register a Limited Partnership which involves 2 or more partners. There must be a minimum of 1 general partner and 1 limited partner.
- Currently there is no citizenship or residency requirement for people who can register it.
What is required to register an Ontario Limited Partnership:
- An Ontario NUANS report for the limited Partnership.
- A partnership agreement signed by partners. (Don’t have one? You can include in the package)
- A physical address or street address in the Province of Ontario where the business is to be carried on.
- Name and address of the Partners: This can be individuals or corporations, Ontario province address or another Canadian street address.
What you get
After registering the Limited Partnership, you will receive the following as pdf documents by email:
we have 3 processing queues:
- Regular Queue: Limited Partnership can be ready in 10 business days.
- Express Queue: Limited Partnership can be ready 5 business days.
- Super-Express Queue: Limited Partnership can be ready 2 Business Days.