Most businesses need to register with the provinces where they plan to do business.
A business name under a corporation, also known as Master Business Licence or MBL is registered with Service Ontario owned by single corporation.
After the registration process, you will receive a registration document issues by Service Ontario which will be sufficient to acquire City/Municipality permits & licenses, setup a bank account and to operate the business.
- Master business licence (MBL) under a corporation
- Operating name registration
- Trade name registration
- DBA registration
Who can register:
- Anyone can register a MBL.
- Currently there is no citizenship or residency requirement
What is required to register a MBL:
- An Ontario NUANS report for the MBL.
- A physical address or street address in the Province of Ontario where the business is to be carried on.
- Name and address of the business owner. This can be an individual or a corporation.
What you get
After registering the MBL, you will receive the following as pdf documents by email:
For a MBL/ Sole Proprietorship , we have 3 processing queues:
- Regular Queue: MBL can be ready in 5 business days.
- Express Queue: MBL can be ready 1 business day.
- Super-Express Queue: MBL can be ready 2 business HOURS.